Re: win95 installation

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: win95 installation
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:31:26 -0500

At 08:28 AM 4/24/1998 -0700, Marcus wrote:

>ST> You guys ain't makin' it easy to be a Linux freak!
>
>Did you try a binary distribution on your GNU/Linux box?
>If so, what went wrong?

No, an archive one.
I *was* using blt2.1/libtclobjc-1.1b7 (with swarm-1.0.3).
Switched to blt2.3/tclobjc-1.3.
Discovered that having two versions of BLT on the system at the same time
(as long as both were 2.x) confused the heck out of the dynamic linker.
After much fiddling with the makefile (in 1.0.3) and /etc/ld.so.conf I
finally got it to work (even if there's some garbage error messages from tk
during program startup.)

Next, I read tea leaves and Paul's faq and fiddled my own Makefile.conf for
swarm-1.1. Compiles fine, EXCEPT that I get error messages about missing
symbols like MAX_INT, which are all defined in standard header file
/usr/include/limits.h ! Is this a known bug?

(I also suddenly have problems with lpr -- please tell me running ldconfig
didn't suddenly unleash gremlins ...)

Sven