Re: ffi, and 'needed software' in general

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: ffi, and 'needed software' in general
Date: 30 Apr 1998 15:03:51 -0700

ST> I believe my point was that a year later it may be difficult to
ST> remember what that 'latest' version *was* a year before, if this
ST> is not documented anywhere.

It seems to me, that if you set up with the binary distribution the
versions of things are irrelevant since there is one big opaque object file.

In the archive install case it is your responsibility since you chose
to download and build the software in pieces (and you ought to have copies
of the source code).

Btw, the versions of dependent libraries that I used to build the
source+binary distributions are documented on the release page.