Re: Design (was Re: ffi, and 'needed software' in general)

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: Design (was Re: ffi, and 'needed software' in general)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 09:23:32 -0600

At 10:04 AM 4/30/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm all for the broader philosophical discussion -- as long as my tiny
>little practical suggestion doesn't get lost in the melee ...

Ahhh, but I don't think this should be a philosophical discussion.
It's practical.  We need a design document and we need it soon.
What is to be put in it and what form should it take.

The web page might be satisficing.  Sometimes satisficing can
save one from work and sometimes it can just lead to endless
amounts of work.  Which is this?

If by biting the bullet and doing the larger scale effort, we
actually cut down on the amount of work Irene, Marcus, and Alex
have, then I'd say it's worth doing.

glen
glen e. p. ropella         =>Hail Eris!<=         <address@hidden>
The Swarm Corporation                             (505) 424-0448