compiling DynamicGraph-1.2

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: compiling DynamicGraph-1.2
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:04:04 -0500

1. For all: has anyone succeeded in getting DynamicGraph-1.2 to run under
RedHat-5.1 ? If so, please let me know what you did !

2. For Marcus: compiling DynamicGraph with -fno-inline did not do it.
Re-compiling Swarm with -fno-inline did not do it, either. Any further
suggestions? I have a use for DynamicGraph, so the question's not idle. I
note that in 5.1, redhat seems to have fixed the problem in __math.h, as
shown in the excerpt below. Of course, there might be a problem with egcs?

--Sven

>>> Output from gdb of DynamicGraph's coredump:

This GDB was configured as
"i386-redhat-linux"...
Core was generated by `./dynamicGraph'.
Program
terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
find_solib: Can't read
pathname for load map: Input/output error

#0  0x804c711 in
_i_DiGraph__boingStep (self=0x8116428, _cmd=0x8060c38)
    at
/usr/include/__math.h:297
297       long long int __p = (long long int)
__y;
(gdb) q

>>> Extract from /usr/include/__math.h:

__MATH_INLINE double