Re: compiling DynamicGraph-1.2

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: compiling DynamicGraph-1.2
Date: 13 Jul 1998 16:05:58 -0700

>>>>> "ST" == Sven N Thommesen <address@hidden> writes:

ST> That's what I said, I didn't!

Well, it works fine for me on a similar system.  Because I have
thoroughly investigated this problem before, and all your
(non-explicit) evidence points to the same problem, I suspect you are
mistaken about the status of your installation.  But I'm happy to
investigate myself if you throw me an Xterm.

ST> (And I believe that should be
ST> '-fno-inline-functions', if 'man egcs' is to be believed.)

No, actually what we care about is attention to the inline keyword.

ST> No, absolutely not! I'm just suggesting a small, innocuous code
ST> change to make life easier for some users. It would in fact be a
ST> good idea to put a notice in the FAQ, or on the web site, or
ST> somewhere, to alert RH5.1 users to this 'feature' of that version
ST> of the OS.

Sounds good, please do that..

   http://valinux.pols.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq.html

Of course, RH 5.1 is free software.  There is nothing stopping us from
fixing the OS if it were in fact broken.  As it happens, the bug in
glibc has already been fixed.