Dynamic Graph works (kinda) on Redhat 5.1

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Dynamic Graph works (kinda) on Redhat 5.1
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:18:27 -0500 ()

and made both.  I built swarm without any special flags before, and I
just used "make" here too.

I find the following.  the program "dynamicGraph" runs fine IF IF IF
you start it by "step". After a step, you can hit the start button  and
all is well.  I don't know what it is supposed to do, but I see a grey
box with little ovals called "nodes" moving around with lines connecting
them.

 But if you hit the start button at the beginning, it seg faults
every time.

Right now my ethernet card won't recognize linux, so I have to keep
rebooting and I can't easily look at the linux system to give more
details.  However, I do not think the problem is in math. I think
it is in ObserverSwarm and the code that links the control panel to
the rest of the simulation. But, then again, I never saw this thing
until today....

Paul E. Johnson                           address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science                Office: (913) 864-9086
University of Kansas                      FAX: (913) 864-5700
Lawrence, Kansas 66045                    Home: (913) 842-9916