Re: compiling DynamicGraph-1.2

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: compiling DynamicGraph-1.2
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:31:10 -0500

At 02:29 PM 7/13/1998 -0700, Marcus wrote:

>MD>  Same goes for GraphLib: don't compile it with inlining.
>
>ST> Of course not.
>
>If for some reason your compiler doesn't respect -fno-inline,
>then don't compile GraphLib with optimization.

That's what I said, I didn't! (And I believe that should be
'-fno-inline-functions', if 'man egcs' is to be believed.)

>ST> Well, DynamicGraph depends on (uses) GraphLib.  And
>ST> pow(something,0.5) is mathematically equivalent to
>ST> sqrt(something), no?
>
>ST> My suggestion stands.
>
>Your suggestion is to change GraphLib because due to a bug in glibc
>and some versions of GCC.  You would have me obscure those facts.

No, absolutely not! I'm just suggesting a small, innocuous code change to
make life easier for some users. It would in fact be a good idea to put a
notice in the FAQ, or on the web site, or somewhere, to alert RH5.1 users
to this 'feature' of that version of the OS.

And that's as much as I care to debate this little triviality.

Sven