Re: Dynamic Graph works (all the way) on Redhat 5.1

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: Dynamic Graph works (all the way) on Redhat 5.1
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 14:10:42 -0500

At 08:15 AM 7/15/98 -0700, Marcus wrote:

>MD> Ok, the question I have is whether or not segfaults still cannot be
avoided
>MD> even when building GraphLib-1.2 with using CFLAGS="-g -O2 -fno-inline" or
>MD> CFLAGS="-g".
>
>PJ> I rebuilt GraphLib with the CFLAGS -g -O2 -fno-inline. I rebuild
>PJ> dynamicGraph. All runs fine from start, no seg fault, no crashes.
>
>ST> In my case, it still segfaults (if not at start, then certainly after a
>ST> stop and use of one of the dispersal buttons) with CFLAGS="-g -O2
>ST> -fno-inline-functions".
>
>I said to use -fno-inline, not -fno-inline-functions.   Please show me the
log
>of you doing that and then rebuilding DynamicGraph.

Mea Culpa! Marcus right, me wrong.
There are indeed separate compiler directives 'fno-inline' and
-fno-inline-functions'. Guess I didn't read the man pages closely enough.

Compiling Swarm, GraphLib and DynamicGraph with '-g -O2 -fno-inline', I
find that dynamicGraph runs fine. So does boingGraph.

The need for '-fno-inline' seems to be a RedHat-5.1 'feature'.

Case closed?

Sven