Re: redhat segmentation faults

From: Jasmeet Chhabra
Subject: Re: redhat segmentation faults
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:36:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Theodore Hong wrote:

> ok, I finally got all of the support packages and Swarm compiled and
> installed, but I can't get any applications to work.  This is Swarm 1.2,
> RedHat 5.0, Tcl/Tk 8.0/8.0, blt8.0-unoff-swarm-0 (not -1, that didn't
> seem to compile).
>
> swarmapps-1.2/hello-world/v01/hello-world pops up a window quickly then
> dies with segmentation fault:

i got a similar message when installing swarm 1.2 on my linux machine.
when i looked carefully i found that though i had installed new versions
of packages needed, the old version files of packages(blt,zlib etc.) were
still lying around. so, what happened was that in some of the cases, the
.h files were from the newer packages while lib files were still the old
ones(default lib files still had links to older versions). when i
corrected this i.e. removed all the old versions and re-installed all the
new versions, it worked.
maybe u have the same problem.
jasmeet