Re: using selectors

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: using selectors
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:26:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, James Marshall wrote:

> The integer is used to retrieve a value from an array for plotting on
> the EZgraph. I have an array of 5 integers I want to plot to the
> EZgraph, and obviously wanted one method to do this instead of 5!
>       James

The stuff people gave me to put in th online faq should lead you
to do this. Instead of having the integers as an argument, wrap
the integers inside objects, probably a swarm Array type, and
then write your graphing code to open that up with getNumber
methods.  You have a slight inconvenience of writing set methods
to put the integers into the array and get methods to take it out,
otherwise it works quite nice.

My little Majority Rule project did that. I sent it to SFI incoming (I
thought), but didn't see it turn up. You can try in my Swarm subdirectory
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm

Never try to pass anything that is not an object.

Gotta run, wish this helped.

Paul E. Johnson                      address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science           http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn
University of Kansas                 Office: (913) 864-9086
Lawrence, Kansas 66045               FAX: (913) 864-5700