Swarm on Mac Problems

From: Perrone Alessandro
Subject: Swarm on Mac Problems
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 01:13:44 +0100

Hi all
 I am trying to compile Swarm on my mac.
I have for  two weeks a  9600/233 with 128Mb ram and 4Gb HD, and I'd like
to  finish my simulaitons.
I tryed to install linux-pmac, but there are some incompatibilities with
Open Firmaware of my computer and linux-pmac.
So I installed Codebuilder.
 - all the needed software compilation is OK
 - the compilation of the library is ok
 - when I try to compile one of the examples, here it is the result of
compilation

gcc -g -L/hfs/swarm/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/blt/lib -L/usr/local/lib
 -o coevo Worker.o  Firm.o main.o ObserverSwarm.o ModelSwarm.o FoodSpace.o
Firm
World.o -lspace -lanalysis -lsimtools -ltkobjc -lactivity -lrandom -lobjectbase
-lcollections -ldefobj -ltclobjc -lBLT -ltk4.2 -ltcl7.6 -lXpm -lobjc -lX11 -lm
List.m(.data+0): multiple definition of `_List.rw_m (.data)'
List.m(.data+0): first seen here

I tried to patch the code with
ifndef aaaaa
#include .....

endif  (someone told me this tips longtime ago)

but the result is the same!!!
Any hints?
I am using stiull 1.05 because libffi has not been still ported to
Codebuilder. I have just written to the authors for this problem.
It is not possible to compile swarm 1.x without libffi, isn.t it?
Waiting for your prompt answer, best regards.
                                ALEX

--
      ,,,,
      /'^'\