Re: R package on IRIX 6.5

From: Jayshree Sarma
Subject: Re: R package on IRIX 6.5
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:05:56 -0500 (EST)

On 18 Mar 1999, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> JS>   The version in configure in R-devel-sfi-1999-02-09 converts to
> JS> 0.64.0.  The NEWS file says version 0.63.2.  What version is
> JS> R-devel-sfi-1999-02-09?  Am I using version 0.63.2 or 0.63.3?
>
> Neither -- you're using a modified version.  Although the HDF5 support
> code is not intermingled with the rest of R, this could cause
> confusion for the maintainers of R.  If you think you've found a bug,
> the most helpful thing to do is to grab the latest stock version, build it,
> and reproduce the problem.

  I downloaded the R-0.63.3.tgz and installed it using gcc and g77.
(Their successful build configuration for sgi is cc and f77)
This time the gmake check works fine with the base-Ex.R and base..ps
files contains 152 pages.  The lqs-Ex.R generated a lot of warnings and
no pages in the .ps file.  And the modreg-Ex.R is stuck as before.
This time on the second page it has only 3 graphs.  I will send a
bug report to the site you had mentioned in an earlier email.

Jayshree