Re: Swarm-1.4.1 on IRIX 6.5

From: Jayshree Sarma
Subject: Re: Swarm-1.4.1 on IRIX 6.5
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:23:55 -0500 (EST)

On 18 Mar 1999, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> JS> `tclObjc_msgSendToClientData': tclObjc.m:305: warning: `argnum'
> JS> might be used uninitialized in this function
>
> Looks like the compiler is in a little funk.  Slap some sense into it
> by replacing "int argnum;" with "int argnum = 0;".

  That did it.

  Running "gmake check" generates the following problem:

gmake  check-TESTS
gmake[3]: Entering directory
`/Apps/usr/local/swarm-1.4.1/tests/collections'
H5B: debugging B-trees (expensive)
H5AC: debugging cache (expensive)
Assertion failed: "not implemented yet" && 0, file H5T.c, line 1408
/bin/sh: 52760 Abort(coredump)
FAIL: archiver
===================
1 of 1 tests failed
===================
gmake[3]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/Apps/usr/local/swarm-1.4.1/tests/collections'
gmake[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/Apps/usr/local/swarm-1.4.1/tests/collections'
gmake[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/Apps/usr/local/swarm-1.4.1/tests'
gmake: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

******

Note: I compiled hdf5 and have run all the tests which was successful.

Line 1408 in file H5T.c refers to dt->type.  the test results said

****************************
============================
Testing dtypes
============================
Testing H5Tget_class()                                  PASSED
Testing H5Tcopy()                                       PASSED
Testing compound data types                             PASSED
H5B: debugging B-trees (expensive)
H5AC: debugging cache (expensive)
Testing transient data types                            PASSED
Testing named data types                                PASSED
Testing string conversions                              PASSED
Testing random string conversion speed (test 1/5)       PASSED
Testing random string conversion speed (test 2/5)       PASSED
Testing random string conversion speed (test 3/5)       PASSED
Testing random string conversion speed (test 4/5)       PASSED
Testing random string conversion speed (test 5/5)       PASSED
Testing integer overflow conversions                    PASSED
Testing random integer conversions                      PASSED
Overflow cases will be tested.

All data type tests passed.

So I am not sure what went wrong now.  How to fix this problem?

I still have the core dump. What information can I retrieve from it?

Thanks,

Jayshree