Re: R package on IRIX 6.5

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: R package on IRIX 6.5
Date: 18 Mar 1999 13:21:58 -0800

JS>   The version in configure in R-devel-sfi-1999-02-09 converts to
JS> 0.64.0.  The NEWS file says version 0.63.2.  What version is
JS> R-devel-sfi-1999-02-09?  Am I using version 0.63.2 or 0.63.3?

Neither -- you're using a modified version.  Although the HDF5 support
code is not intermingled with the rest of R, this could cause
confusion for the maintainers of R.  If you think you've found a bug,
the most helpful thing to do is to grab the latest stock version, build it,
and reproduce the problem.

With any luck, the HDF5 code will soon be installed in an official
version of R...