Re: A Basic question

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: A Basic question
Date: 10 Oct 1999 14:57:01 -0700

KL> I just got the code from my first Objective-C and Swarm model to
KL> compile.  And now I am getting an unintellegible run-time error
KL> that I don't know how to address.

This means that you tried to use some memory that isn't available to you.
This can happen in a number of ways.  Look for things like using
an object after it has been dropped, and using an unitialized object variable,
offsets into arrays that go to far (e.g. offsets into space objects that
go too far).

Most of the time you can get a backtrace out of GDB like this:

$ gdb Corruption
(gdb) run
(gdb) bt

A backtrace lists who called who called who, etc.  at the top of the
list is where the failure occurred.

Btw, since you are running inside of Emacs, you can save logs like
this like you would save any other buffer:  C-x C-s.