Re: A Basic question

From: Kelly Lautt
Subject: Re: A Basic question
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 18:02:59 -0700

Now that I've managed to make the debugger work, my program is choking even
before it gets going. I wish I didn't have to turn to you for such basic
things, but I can't figure out what the debugger is telling me.
Here are the messages that the debugger spits out (a general run-through
gives the same errors as a break at line 10 of main!): Below that I have
pasted my main.m figuring that I may simply have done something really dumb
(I really just copied my main and then altered it for my purposes).

(gdb) break main.m:10
Breakpoint 1 at 0x40104c: file main.m, line 10.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /mine/DebuggingSix/Corruption.exe
cygwinb19.dll (symbols previously loaded)

[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"/WINNT/system32/advapi32.dll": error reading line numbers

[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"/WINNT/system32/KERNEL32.dll": error reading line numbers

USER32.dll (symbols previously loaded)
GDI32.dll (symbols previously loaded)
RPCRT4.dll (symbols previously loaded)
rpcltc1.dll (symbols previously loaded)

Breakpoint 1, main () at main.m:11

MAIN.M code follows:

#import <simtools.h>
#import "ModelSwarm.h"

int
main(int argc, const char ** argv)
{

  id modelSwarm;

  initSwarm(argc, argv);

  modelSwarm =  [ModelSwarm create: globalZone];

  [modelSwarm makePopulationsAndNeighbourhoods];
  [modelSwarm runRounds];

}

I'm sorry to have to turn to to this list for this, but I'm floundering
desperately!
Thanks again,
Kelly Lautt