Re: createEnd

From: Daniel Calhoun
Subject: Re: createEnd
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 11:21:51 -0700

----------
> From: Marcus G. Daniels <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: createEnd
> Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 9:20 AM

> A crash on createEnd probably has to do with an overridden createEnd,
> or bad, but required -set*: parameters.  Can you get a backtrace?  Do
> you know what object's createEnd is failing?

Sadly, gdb doesn't work on my machine, possibly because I am still stuck
with W95.

But I have been placing printf's, locating the problem after an
unproblematic call of createBegin and by the call of createEnd.  The object
being created is a LinkItem, with the only options requested being the
standard setCanvas, setFrom, and setTo.  While my book-keeping on the
existence or non-existence of the required nodes may have slipped, my
efforts to locate DOAs are not helped by the fact that the model fluctuates
between two or three points where it raises the
StatusAccessViolation.  Sometimes it will run right through a point where
on other runs it had failed, and this where no revision has been attempted
in the code..  And yes, I am NOT using varyseed. Can the random number
series carry over from one run to another, without resetting at the start?