Re: createEnd

From: Daniel Calhoun
Subject: Re: createEnd
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:36:03 -0700

Thanks for your responses.  See my further puzzlements, below.

----------
> From: Marcus G. Daniels <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: createEnd
> Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 11:34 AM

> DC> The object being created is a LinkItem, with the only options
> DC> requested being the standard setCanvas, setFrom, and setTo.
>
> You might try sending getX and getY to the from and to objects,
> since that's what LinkItem will use to make the lines.

Thanks for this unexpected point.  One of the oddities of the situation is
that sometimes the error message, instead of StatusAccessViolation, takes
the form of  LinkItem does not recognize getX***.  Could something have
been corrupted?

> DC> Can the random number series carry over from
> DC> one run to another, without resetting at the start?
>
> There's no built-in feature for that.

Sorry.  I didn't express myself clearly.  Rather:  could the inconsistency
in how far a run goes, despite my not using varyseed, be that the RN series
is carrying over from one run to another?

By the way, I have just replicated the inconsistency, with several runs
that vary as before.  A run typically stops at Point A.  If not there, then
at another typical point, Point B.  If not Point B, then all bets are off
on where it will stop -- though it will, somewhere.  Are some of the RN
methods unsatisfactory in this regard?  Or are there some contexts in which
the compiler is unstable about whether it "chooses" to raise a violation?