Re: createEnd

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: createEnd
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:51:37 -0500

Daniel Calhoun wrote:

 > DC> Can the random number series carry over from
> > DC> one run to another, without resetting at the start?
> >
> > There's no built-in feature for that.
>
> Sorry.  I didn't express myself clearly.  Rather:  could the inconsistency
> in how far a run goes, despite my not using varyseed, be that the RN series
> is carrying over from one run to another?

OK, this is starting to sound like the coding mistake that almost drives
me crazy. GDB won't help. Programs don't always crash at the same step.

Explanation:  One of your createBegin statements is not paired off by a
createEnd.  Look eagerly for a missing bookend.  It causes exactly the
symptom you describe.