Problems with Swarm on LinuxPPC

From: Darren Schreiber
Subject: Problems with Swarm on LinuxPPC
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 09:33:05 -0700

I fixed the problem with the SWARMHOME and with the windows corruption as
per Paul's instructions (Thanks).

However, I am still getting these problems:

>> 4. For some reason, when I use the old Makefile (which looks identical
>>to me) I get the thing to run, but now I get the following error:
>>
> /usr/lib/crt1.o(.rodata+0x4): undefined reference to `main' collect2:
>ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [VotingModel] Error 1 make: Target
>`all' not remade because of errors. address@hidden Voting1.00.
>
>Sorry I have not seen that one.  This happened with the 2.1.1 RPM for
>ppc from the Swarm website? I wonder what gcc you have?

Again, one version of the Voting model compiles fine, and the new one gets
this weird error near the end of compilation.

This is with Swarm-2.0.1-2.rh6.ppc.rpm installed.

I am using gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314 (egcs-1.1.2 release).

Also, can I install Swarm-2.1.1 on another Linux user account and still
have Swarm-2.0.1 run ok on my first account?

        Darren

                 Darren Schreiber
                  Attorney at Law
                 Graduate Student