Re: problem making swarm2.1.1 (redhat 6.0)

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: problem making swarm2.1.1 (redhat 6.0)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:38:50 -0500

Rick Riolo wrote:

> hi paul,
>
> what is the difference between the various gcc's in
>    http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/software/gcc-upgrades/
> Is one of them "The One"?
The main gcc is just for c:
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/software/gcc-upgrades/gcc-2.95.2-0.1pj.i386.rpm
The other gcc packages are addon packages. Here is the objective C one.
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/software/gcc-upgrades/gcc-objc-2.95.2-0.1pj.i386.rpm

I've not used the java one, but I know the c++ and objc addons are fine.

Note you need to install cpp as well.  And, if you don't have a newer
binutils, you will need that (see address below for link)

Concerning your comments about instructions, I have to confess I agree.
I've done my best to explain some of this here:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.1_RPMSforRH6/