C compiler

From: David Aliaga
Subject: C compiler
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 00:15:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone:

It's been a long time since I post here.

I would like to ask a question concerning the windows
instalation of Swarm. In the linux version, I guess
that we use the gcc compiler of the system for our
programs. In the case of the windows package a C
compiler gets installed I suppose because I have been
using swarm with out problems for some time and still
use it for my Multiagent System research)

Now I have installed another simulator for a totally
different kind of thing (not Multiagent Systems) which
in its linux version uses gcc too but in the windows
version requires mingw or Dev-C++ installed to program
it.

Since I want to use it and still use Swarm for my MAS
research,
My questions are:

1)Which C are we using with Swarm for windows

2)Is it specific in anyway to Swarm, or may be I can
use it to compile the files of the other simulator
provided that I put a PATH so that it can find the
necessary files

3) Would it be safe installing several C compilers?
(the Swarm one, and DevC++ for the other one)
I am about to download DevC++ but before installing I
would like to be sure about these things

Thanks

David