Re: Compiling Swarm-2001-12-18

From: Gary Polhill
Subject: Re: Compiling Swarm-2001-12-18
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:00:48 +0000

>Oh, these warnings could happen for a build in the source directory.  Are
>you not using a separate build directory (configuring with
>$srcdir/swarm-2001-12-28/configure --srcdir=$srcdir/swarm-2001-12-28)?
>If that's it, it should be harmless.

Hmmm no, I'm not using a separate source and build directory. I say "hmmm"
because I am using a separate source and install directory, and I'm not sure if
what you mean by "build" is what I mean by "install". My guess is not, because
I don't use --srcdir in my configure command (though I do use --prefix). Should
I separate source, build and install? That is, are you saying that a build in
the source directory creates some harmless errors, or that separating build and
source directories would solve the problem? Or, in fact, both?

Gary