Execution speed of current snapshot vs. official 2.1.1

From: M Lang / S Railsback
Subject: Execution speed of current snapshot vs. official 2.1.1
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:52:25 -0600

Marcus: I remember you doing some work to speed up Swarm.

I am running our fish model using the official release of 2.1.1, dated
Oct. 2000. The model spends most of its time in our Objective C code,
and we did speed it up about 20% by eliminating unnecessary calls to
time-consuming functions like EXP() and POW(). However, we do a lot of
messageProbe calls too.

Would we see any improvement by using the current snapshot of Swarm?

Thanks

Steve

--
address@hidden