Re: Where are .m files?

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Where are .m files?
Date: 21 Nov 2002 20:22:06 -0800

Li> By going to
Li> ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/testing/swarm-2002-05-14.tar.gz,
Li> I downloaded the source code and untar/unziped it. Many .m files
Li> are in different folders such as tests, src, simtools, etc. But
Li> still could not find ModelSwarm.m. Any hints? Thanks.

ModelSwarm.m isn't part of Swarm, as I said, it's part of the
swarmapps package.  In the various subdirectories in the "tutorial"
subdirectory of swarmapps (such as simpleSwarmBug, simpleSwarmBug2,
simpleSwarmBug3...), you'll see different ModelSwarm.m files.

The User Guide does say that the code it refers to is in the swarmapps
package:

See:

http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/swarmdocs/userbook/swarm.user.user2.01.chapter.html:

"Most Swarm users share terminology and perspective that allows them
to communicate with each other about modeling projects. These shared
elements are first introduced to most users in the Swarm Tutorial, a
series of exercises prepared by Christopher Langton. The Tutorial
exercises are distributed on the SDG web site in the swarmapps
package."

Alex
--
      Alex Lancaster |  Swarm Development Group  |  http://www.swarm.org