Re: [Swarm-Support] Error running swarm in Windows: JVM access violation

From: Otto Cordero
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Error running swarm in Windows: JVM access violation
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:11:59 -0500

Thanks for your reply,

I will try to find a new dll, but the one I have came in the Swarm 2.1.1
installation, which I downloaded a few weeks ago, so I don't know how can I
have an old dll.

I also have this error in jSimpleBug:

 *** event raised for error: InvalidArgument
> *** function: _i_Object_s__forward__(), file:
> /src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/DefObject.m, line: 626
> unable to find Java selector `allocIVars:' in objc:`JavaProxy' 0x1098db58
> java:
> 0x9aa0bc hash: 14078 ....

So I took a look to the code at that line, and i found this:

jsel = SD_FINDJAVA (jniEnv, (id) aSel);
  if (!jsel)
    raiseEvent (InvalidArgument,
                "unable to find Java selector `%s' in objc:`%s' %p java: %p
hash: %d\n",
                sel_get_name (aSel),
                [self name],
                self,
                jobj,
                swarm_directory_java_hash_code (jniEnv, jobj));

I don't know exactly what it is, but it seems that there is something wrong
in my system or java configuration (I am using j2sdk1.4.1_01, recently
installed) ...  The strange thing is that jmousetrap example works fine.

If your know what that lines of code are about please let me know...

Thanks,

Otto.