Re: [Swarm-Support] Using Aqua tcl/tk on Mac OS X?

From: Marc-Antoine Parent
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Using Aqua tcl/tk on Mac OS X?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:28:00 -0400

FYI, I tried to compile BLT 2.4z against Aqua Tcl/Tk at some point. BLT depends on direct access to a lot o X11 primitives. Most of them are fortunately replicated in Aqua Tcl/Tk, (look at /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders/tkIntXlibDecls.h ) but a few key functions are missing, and relying on private headers also makes me nervous, of course.

In other words, we should probably get some form of commitment to those API's from the Tcl/Tk team before we proceed to port BLT to Aqua Tcl/Tk...

Marc-Antoine