[Swarm-Support] Swarm installation problem: on Windows XP Home

From: Yifeng Zhang
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Swarm installation problem: on Windows XP Home
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:27:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all:

I have been trying to install Swarm in the past several days and hit some problems.  My computer has Windows XP Home in it.  I successfully installed all Cygwin packages (the lastest version) and it is working.  Then I installed Swarm-2.2-pretest-10, which is the latest version at this time.  I set the mount and path correctly.  However, when I run heatbugs, I get the error message that "cygtcl80.dll was not found".  I then tried to install the package tcktk-20001125 which contains the needed dll.  However, the current Cygwin setup.exe doesn't allow me to install it.  I also tried pretest-9 and pretest-6 and wasn't able to make it.  I can't uncompress pretest-7.  Don't know if it's my problem or the file was corrupted.  I am trying pretest-8 now.

I have an ongoing project implemented in Swarm.  So I really need swarm up and running.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Yifeng Zhang

Do you Yahoo!?