Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm installation problem: on Windows XP Home

From: Yifeng Zhang
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm installation problem: on Windows XP Home
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:39:50 -0700 (PDT)

Pietro, thank you very much for helping me.  I did have a full installation of Cygwin.  Did somebody you know have a sucessful installation of Swarm-2.2 on Windows recently?  It's tricky even just to install Cygwin.  The Cygwin's setup.exe hangs during post-installation script phase.  I worked around by selecting "pre" (previous) packages for installation.  After Cywin is working, I run setup.exe again and selected "cur" (current), which updated/installed some more packages.  In both installation, I had a full installation (selecting "install" for "all").  Because of this unhappy experience with Cygwin installation, I am kind of hestitate to install it again.  But I'll do it if it's necessary.

Again, any help on this will be appreciated.

Yifeng Zhang

Pietro Terna <address@hidden> wrote:
        It seems like you don't have a full installation of Cygwin; try it, assuring that the choice screen is similar to the attached one.

        Anyway, use pretest 10.

        All the best, Pietro