Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm installation problem: on Windows XP Home

From: Yifeng Zhang
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm installation problem: on Windows XP Home
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:59:07 -0700 (PDT)

Pietro, thank you for your help again.  I installed it successfully by following your instructions.  I guess one thing that I did wrong was to delete only Cygwin register before re-installing Cygwin.

Thanks again,

Yifeng

Pietro Terna <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Yifeng,

your description of the cygwin installation increases my suspect
that something is now wrong with the package. My suggestion is that of
reinstalling cygwin. You have to delete two registers, with regedit
(Software\Cygnus Solutions' under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and/or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER) and to delete the \cygwin folder.

A suggestion: with setup.exe first of all download the
packages from Internet and then Install from local directory. If something
goes wrong, you have locally the installation stuff.

To install Swarm you have only to unpack it; if you have it in
c:\, from cygwin execute the followin lines:

cd /cygdrive/c/
tar zxf Swarm-2.2-pretest-10.tar.gz
mkdir /Swarm-2.2
mount 'c:\Swarm-2.2' /Swarm-2.2

Then create in your cygwin home directory a .bashrc file containing:

export SWARMHOME=/Swarm-2.2
export SWARMDIR=/Swarm-2.2
PATH=.:$SWARMHOME/bin:$PATH
export PATH