Re: [Swarm-Support] IDEs- who is using what

From: Dinis Gökaydin
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] IDEs- who is using what
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:15:01 +0100

Hello,

I use Eclipse since I started. Once you get the hang of it it's really helpful I think. I don't even know how to use Java from the command line :-)

Dinis Gökaydin

Steve Railsback wrote:
Recently my collaborators and I have been starting to mess around with integrated development environments, especially Eclipse for doing Java Swarm and Repast. Eclipse certainly seems to help new programmers get started---after they figure out how to use Eclipse. There has been some discussion of IDEs here in the past, but not a lot.

So now I am curious:

-- What IDEs are people using? What do you like vs. dislike about them?

-- What is available for Objective-C Swarm? I understand there is a Mac IDE for Obj-C?

Let us know about your experience, especially if you have something that works well...maybe we can add to the FAQ, etc.

Thanks,

Steve Railsback