Re: [Swarm-Support] IDEs- who is using what

From: Dinis Gökaydin
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] IDEs- who is using what
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:30:09 +0100

Hello stranger,

I don't know any tutorial sorry. I'll try to make my own small one. I was lucky to have someone explaining it to me, otherwise I would have never done it. The hardest part is just setting up things, then eclipse works wonderfully.

First you need a JDK instaled on your computer (java.sun.com for example) and of course Eclipse, not to mention Swarm.

To make Swarm work you must have

CLASSPATH=c:\Swarm-2.2-java\share\swarm\swarm.jar;c:\Swarm-2.2-java\share\swarm\kawa.jar
LD_LIBRARY-PATH=C:\Swarm-2.2-java\lib\
SWARMHOME=C:\Swarm-2.2-java

(with your folder paths) in your operating system's environment variables or append them to the native environment in the running configuration of eclipse, something each java project must have. Also the path to the bins for both JDK and Swarm must be included in your PATH environment variable, something like

PATH = c:\Program files\java\jdk1.5.0_04\bin";c:\Swarm-2.2-java\bin

When creating a new project be sure to add the kawa.jar and swarm.jar libraries as "external libraries" of your project.

Any other doubt just ask,

Dinis

address@hidden wrote:
Hi Dinis,
  Do you know about any tutorial about the Eclipse with Swarm?
  Are there any tip to do?