Re: [Swarm-Support] Eclipse and javaswarm

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Eclipse and javaswarm
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 13:37:46 -0600

Kyle Newton wrote:
After configuring Eclipse to work with Swarm 2.2, and setting the Environmental Path (system variable) for SWARMHOME I tried running the Steves' collection StupidModels. Here is the error I was met with:

Exception caught: no javaswarm in java.library.path
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: createBegin
    at swarm.SwarmEnvironmentCImpl.createBegin(Native Method)
    at swarm.Globals.<clinit>(Globals.java:39)
    at stupidModel_1.StartStupidModel.main(StartStupidModel.java:23)

Which I can imagine has plagued the SWARM support group with no end of questions over the years.
Swarm's shared libraries (native code, not jar files), is what the complaint is about. If you set and export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to where your .so files are for Swarm, then it should work. You can also type "javaswarm" by itself to see what variables should be set in Eclipse's environment.