Re: [Swarm-Support] Eclipse and javaswarm

From: Kyle Newton
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Eclipse and javaswarm
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 12:57:11 -0700

Thanks for the reply.
I'm really not too familiar with Eclipse myself, I'm using it only because I haven't found a tutorial to getting Swarm working with minGW. Where might I find these .so files within the Swarm-2.2-java directory? I've looked, I get the usual assortment of .dll files associated with a windows environment.

I take it you mean I'm to run 'javaswarm' by itself inside the Cygwin terminal. I'd done that, and as it's still linked to Swarm2.1 I get the paths and such to Swarm2.1 and java1.4.2, which I've left installed as well. I'm working with Eclipse and Java1.5, or at least trying to. I can only guess you mean LD_LIBRARY_PATH is something I can set in Eclipse. I've looked around in there as well as my Environmental Variables and still no luck on my part.

I hate to admit it, I'm still lost here.

-Kyle

Swarm's shared libraries (native code, not jar files), is what the
complaint is about.   If you set and export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to where
your .so files are for Swarm, then it should work.  You can also type
"javaswarm" by itself to see what variables should be set in Eclipse's
environment.