Re: [Swarm-Support] Help: Cygwin Swarm 2.2 bash shell does not recognise

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Help: Cygwin Swarm 2.2 bash shell does not recognise "make" command
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:23:01 -0600

Bertaglia, Marco wrote:
I have just installed the new Swarm 2.2 packaged (binary) distribution
for Windows that is a special version of Cygwin that includes Swarm.
Do you mean the Cygwin packages that includes a Swarm install package, or the big tarball (the old prereleases)?
All of a sudden I found myself without commands as "ls" and more
importantly "make" in the Cygwin bash shell.
Sounds like for some reason your .bash_profile is not set up or got corrupted. You should have a PATH variable that includes at least /bin. Try setting it temporarily with "export PATH=/bin" and see if then you can find programs. If that works, see which .bash* file you have in your home directory by using "cd ; ls .bash*". You should either have a .bash_login or a .bash_profile that can be used to set environment variables like PATH.