[Swftools-common] question about the license for swf2jpeg

From: Alec Bennett
Subject: [Swftools-common] question about the license for swf2jpeg
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 20:17:35 -0800

I'm interested in distributing swf2jpeg with a closed source Windows program that I may possibly charge money for in the future. Is this allowed according to the license?

I'd like to include the jpeg2swf.exe file. I won't be recompiling, just using the main distro version.

I see in the FAQ "SWFTools is free of charge (donations are welcome, though), and is released under the GPL", but I saw elsewhere a mention that it can't be used in commercial software, so I just wanted to be sure.

The FAQ mentioning the license is here:

http://wiki.swftools.org/index.php/FAQ

Thanks for any help, and thanks for the amazing utility, works flawlessly with my massive (1680x1024) jpegs.