Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with generated SWF

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with generated SWF
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 23:14:53 +0100

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:07:56 -0600
<address@hidden> wrote:

> FYI, I received the source code when I purchased the flipbook component

A pity the programmer chose to be somewhat unhelpful then.

>but I am not yet at a level where I am comfortable changing much of this. >Are
>there any specific things I should look for in the source code to see >if I
>can improve its tolerance for SWF formatting and make this work?

Check out the Actionscript 3.0 reference.  There's a link to it at the base
of the main SWFTools wiki page,

        http://wiki.swftools.org

Look in particular at 'flash.display', in the Packages section.  Most of the
the commands listed there, including the Loader Class, appear to be those to
look out for in the flip-script.  Enjoy your digging!

Incidentally, if I were you, I'd also consider taking on board my comment
about ditching the script you have, for one of the others pre-mentioned.
Anything with good community support has to be a better and easier choice.

HTH.

Regards,

Chris.
--