Re: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic development

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic development
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:37:12 +0100

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:16:52PM +0100, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op donderdag 13 november 2003 13:06, schreef Gustavo Niemeyer:
> > > Oh, did I tell you that we have popup-menus in the current svn
> > > version? They even have icons :)
> > >
> > > [also I have to admit that it's not as complete as in the screenshot]
>
> Looking forward to what it looks like....

It's a start, but it's not complete. Right now we show a menu with the
most commonly used action (if a pkg is not installed, the action is
"install", if a pkg is upgradable, the actions are "upgrade,remove"
etc). This will change for future versions where we'll probably show
all menu options (just like the package menu in the main-menu bar) and
gray out the not relevant lines.

> > Wonderful! Many kudos! :-)
> >
> > We might use some of these stock icons in the status column.. Humm..
>
> It would be nice if the same icons could be used as the ones shown in my
> screenshots.  That would give some consistency among the different
> applications, and it saves me some time to learn the meaning of synaptics new
> icons ;)

I'm not sure if it's possible to use the suse icons. The problem is
that yast2 is AFAIK not free software and I'm not sure about the
license :/ But maybe someone can draw icons in the same spirit :)
[not me though, I'm terrible bad at drawing]

bye,
 Michael