Re: [Texmacs-dev] Xcode project

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Xcode project
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:10:28 +0100

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 11:34:58AM +0100, Gubinelli Massimiliano wrote:
> Try to run it in a clean checkout and after running
>
> ./configure --enable-qt
>
> this should create a file misc/bundle/Base.xcconfig needed in
> configuration.

That is what I did. The first error is

     std_environment:135: 'as_std_environment' was not declared at this scope

Anyway the files in src/Style should not be compiled for the moment...

> If does not work tell me which kind of errors you experience.
>
> I'm in the middle of a large rewriting of the graphical part of the Qt
> port. To support shadow renderers properly
> I'm forced to add a buffer pixmap which is updated by the TeXmacs code
> and afterwards put on screen by the Qt code.

OK, I hope that the display penalty is not too large...

> This plus the decoupling of the event queue should render the port more
> stable and more similar to the X11 one.

Is the new event queue handler sufficiently stable so that you can commit it.
Otherwise, please send me a patch and I will try the last version.

Best wishes, --Joris