tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF in CQWW CW

From: Collins, Graham
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF in CQWW CW
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 09:43:00 -0500

I too used tlf-1.1pre3 in the just past CQWW-CW. I did leave my building,
setting up and initial test til the last minute but everything worked out just
fine.

I had no issues and the application works well with my operating style. My only
issue is that the program thinks I am in zone 5 when in fact I am in zone 4. I
couldn't remember how to fix it properly at the time so I just edit my exchange
to be correct and carried.

Still on my want list is to change the V2 Cabrillo header output to V3 and
logging of actually frequency.

I have identified where I need to make changes for the Cabrillo V2 vs V3 but I
just haven't gotten around to making the changes.

As to logging actual frequency, it is becoming more of a requirement from a
number of  contest sponsors to log actual frequency rather just band. Once TLF
has this ability it will take another giant leap forward.

Documentation is lagging behind. A good PDF document would be my choice.
Perhaps I can help out in some way.

Cheers, Graham ve3gtc