tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF in CQWW CW

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF in CQWW CW
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 09:08:46 +0100

Hi Martin,

Am Fri, 02 Dec 2011 10:39:35 +0100
schrieb Martin Kratoska <address@hidden>:

> Tested tlf-1.1pre3. Made 822 Q's and ~600 k pts. tlf is finally a
> mature program!

Congrats. I am glad that there were no major problems with tlf in cqww.

As I asked for some big contest logs for performance tests before maybe
you can send me a copy of your log. Should be a good staarting point.

> Only small bug found, if the cty.dat file contains a
> call, like
>
> Martinique:               08:  11:  NA:   14.70:    61.03:     4.0:
> FM: FM,TO3GA,TO5A,TO7A;
>
> then the TO7A (as well as TO3A and TO3GA) is not properly resolved
> when jumping to this call from a spot. When typed manually, all went
> OK.

I will have to look into it.

> Also noticed that some keys (backspace) do not behave as expected in
> the exchange field.

Editing the exchange field was never implemented. I just saw it in
last weeks but got no time to fix it yet. It is on the todo list.

> Also very
> annoying is the fact that the score/count info became broken if
> editing the log in an external editor. Not checked if the log file
> contains some unprintable characters, also don't know if there is
> something like time stamp causing the broken score info...

Which editor do you use?

> I find extremely useful the new spot filtering option. It seems that
> the documentation should be updated including info how to preset the
> filtering options in logcfg.dat.

At the moment that feature is still missing. But it is one thing I want
to do before a final TLF-1.1.0 will be released.

> Anyway I was able to make 6 QSO
> within a minute without any unnecessary hurry :-)

Great :-).

73, de Tom DL1jbe

--
"Do what is needful!"