tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF in CQWW CW

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF in CQWW CW
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 07:08:46 +0100

Hi Andy,

thanks for the reply.

Am Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:31:26 +0000
schrieb Andy Summers <address@hidden>:

> Hi Tom,
>
> Sorry for the delay in replying. I chose to upgrade the OS to Fedora
> 16_64-bit and it took me a while to get back to a useful PC - hi!

The joy of new systems :-)

> Regarding ctrl-g and the bandmap, I'm using an Orion and
> hamlib-1.2.14-1. Using the hamlib rigctl utility, frequency is
> reported correctly to 1Hz resolution, so certainly that isn't to
> blame. Normally I set the Orion to step in 10Hz steps.

OK. Do we have anyone on list with another Orion to confirm the tests?

> Here's my test:
> Enter G4ABC, hit ctrl-a, is displayed in bandmap to 100Hz resolution.
> Move hf a little, enter G4DEF, hit ctrl-a again.
> Move hf a little, enter G4GHI, hit ctrl-a again.
> Move hf a little, enter G4JKL, hit ctrl-a again.

I assume you moved frequency up each time?

> So it is definitely getting confused about whether it should be
> moving up or down the band in some situations, e.g. at the limits of
> the stack, when it should turn around.. You ought to be able to
> repeat this test. Let me know.

Sorry. Works like a charme here.

I will prepare a special tlf version which will log your frequency
settings and grabs in next days. You can run it and send me the log
afterwards. Maybe I will understand whats happening.

I just have to think, what I should record to get a good look into it.

> Thinking about bandmaps a bit more... Ideally, I'd like to know if
> some loud station I'm tuning through is a dupe who's been running on
> that frequency for some time. I don't want to wait to hear them give
> their call (especially those who perpetually QRZ?), and I can't
> remember a whole band in my head. On that basis it would be useful to
> see dupes in the bandmap, but it gets in the way of quickly grabbing
> spots. In N1MM logger (and similar), the call in the bandmap is
> automatically put into the exchange field when the rig frequency is
> within a (configurable) tolerance of the spot frequency. Such a
> feature would allow you to set bandmap filtering to exclude dupes and
> yet still give an indication that you're currently tuning through a
> probable dupe.

That will go to the 'ideas from others' section for now :-).

73, Tom DL1JBE.