tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WAEDC QTC - v0.002 release :)

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WAEDC QTC - v0.002 release :)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 17:44:09 +0100

Hi Ervin, Fred and Ed,

I was away some days, but let me add my 2 ct's to the discussion.

- The activation of tlf's digimode got explained last by Fred in his
post from 26 Sep 2012 (should be still in the archive). Besides the
mentioned entries for logcfg.dat you need to activate the miniterm
window with ':miniterm' from within tlf's callinput field.
Maybe we should write a README.digi and add it to the distribution.

- The excessive LF's should be gone in the tlf-1.2.0pre series.

- I had planned to code a native fldigi interface in spring but as it
  was a busy year here it is still on the todo list. I planned to add a
  new FLDIGI keyword and use the socket interface for communication.
  The old GMFSK mechanism will be gone in fldigi in some time.

- Fred your idea with selecting the received QTC via mouse is nice but
  at the moment there is little to no support for mouse recognition in
  tlf. Main reason is the hard coded key handling in 'onechar.c'. I
  have some experimental work here to switch to native ncurses keyboard
  interface. That will allows us to add mouse handling to tlf. It is
  nearly done but needs testing.

As tlf-1.2.0 still needs some work I have backported at least the new
cabrillo v3  handling to tlf 1.1.x series and will release 1.1.7 in
next days.

For 1.2.0 to be ready I want to fix the following two problems first:

- The above mentioned FLDIGI interface for digimode.
- A unified handling of scoring during QSO entry and reload of log
  after startup. At the moment that are two different code path and
  every change to one of them needs to be carefully balanced out on the
  other way. I dropped already two or three times into that problem.

Maybe WAEDC handling is ready at that time too and we can add it to
the new 1.2.0.

73, Tom DL1JBE.

--
"Do what is needful!"