viewmail-info

Re: [VM] searching in mime encoded email

From: rlk
Subject: Re: [VM] searching in mime encoded email
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 01:34:16 -0800

Uday Reddy writes:
 > address@hidden writes:
 >
 > > I've been intending to ask for some time if anyone has coded up something
 > > that
 > > would allow automatic saving of messages with the Content-Transfer-Encoding
 > > (either base64 or quoted-printable).  It doesn't look hard to do, but I've
 > > neither done it myself nor found it elsewhere.
 >
 > You can use V C header to search for strings in the message headers, e.g.,
 > "base64" or "quoted-printable".
 >
 > Then it is a matter of marking the messages and saving them.
 >
 > Perhaps we should have a way of marking messages based on selectors so that
 > we can bypass the creation of a virtual folder.
 >
 > Good ideas!
 >
 > Cheers,
 > Uday

Sorry, my message was missing a critical phrase - I want the relevant parts of
the message decoded before the messages are saved.  Right now I do this several
times a day using a couple of crude keyboard macros, so I expect I can fully
automate this but perhaps this has already been done?

Thank you Uday for revitalizing VM.  I've been using it for many, many years
and I was fearful for a time that it was going to be lost.

-- Bob

--
Robert L. Knighten
address@hidden