vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] thoughts

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] thoughts
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:23:48 +0000

On Monday 25 March 2002 22:46, Open Source wrote:
> I can see a couple of uses for these kind of agents

V. Good examples, but I don't think the LDS/VRS is
designed to support them:

> a) They can be used to determine whether the LDS is
> still alive. This allows the cluster administrator to
> have a GUI screen that provides information to the end
> user providing information on the nodes creating the
> VRS.

True.
But if we're using a distributed middleware to support
the VRS, then that middleware does all this for you - it's
central to it's operation - certainly with Goldwater.

> b) Provide performance statistics

Again the middleware should do this, as it's the
middleware that controls the routing of messages between
LDS's, and its a function of the application not a
product of it.

Besides, the agents aren't supposed to be able to
access the physical machine.

Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.
  "Internet Technologies, Distributed Systems and Tuxedo Consultancy"
  E: address@hidden  W: http://www.nfluid.co.uk