web-hurd

Re: confusion in left frame of the website

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: confusion in left frame of the website
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 04:32:56 +0000

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 01:33:24AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> The whole reason for me to do the Hurd web page as it is was to get rid of
> the Debian GNU/Hurd pages (which I also wrote), which were mostly not Debian
> specific at all and where outdated most of the time.

Let's see the path you suggested:

> 1. Write some install docs for the Hurd (from sources).

I can try, but I don't really have an idea on stuff related to installing the
Hurd. IMHO someone who is clued on this should do it instead.. (Marco?)

> 2. Write a GNU/Hurd page that is content-wise comparable to what the current
>    web page has on installation of the GNU/Hurd (under The Hurd Install or
>    whatever else is around)

Count on me for this. Could you add me (robertmh) to wwwhurd?

> You might want to talk to Jeff about the Debian GNU/Hurd web pages.  I
> don't have any fancy ideas about it.

I'll speak with him, and have a look at this one later.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)