[XBoard-devel] version tracking

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] version tracking
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 18:51:20 -0700

Hi

since we have now several people who will be committing changes (HGM, Eric and
myself and perhaps some others), we should think about how we want to handle
the version tracking and patch review. Since branching in git is effortless,
one way would be to have a separate branch for each person and then after
patches have been discussed on the list they are merged into master, but
perhaps that is overkill for XBoard and we should just all push into the master
branch.

I would like to start a branch for 5.0.0 (the gtk version) though, so that we
can start developing that one in parallel.

I guess for bug fixes in 4.4.0 we just keep on changing things in master and
will call it 4.4.1 at one point.

I also want to turn of CVS if that's ok with everyone (will copy the fselch
into git before I do that). All the history of CVS is in git, so nothing will
be lost...

Let me know what you think.

ARUN