Re: [XBoard-devel] HtmlHelp() argument 4

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] HtmlHelp() argument 4
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:02:48 +0200

I found that exact fragment online, but didn't want to copy Microsoft code. However, if you like that solution, replace the relevant part of my commit with that. The rest of the patch just moves it all into help.h so it can be reused easily-- and always making sure that DWORD_PTR is correctly set up first.

OK, tracing back to the MS documentation it seems that a DWORD_PTR is
unsigned 32- or 64-bit int, but due to the MS htmlhelp.h redefining it as DWORD
on 64-bit arcitectures, (which seems a kludge to hide the fact that this parameter
should not have been defined as DWORD_PTR in the first place) it is basically
always an unsigned 32-bit int.

So defining it as DWORD should actually work in all cases.

I propoe we simply define it as DWORD, and never mention DWORD_PTR anywhere.