Re: A set of shortcuts suited for french azerty keyboard

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: A set of shortcuts suited for french azerty keyboard
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 14:31:16 +0000

Thank you for this file. I think there may be one or two things that
you did not intend in there.

1) The <cursors> section has been incompletely removed - there is a
trailing </cursors> which a less forgiving xml parser would die on.
3) You have resurrected the primitive command d-Paste giving it the
Ctrl-v shortcut. This command was superseded by one called
d-PasteObjects which has the same label but improved behavior (I'm not
sure of the details but I think it has behaves better with Undo and
with maintaining equal length staffs). The reason the orignal command
was not re-named is that people's scripts may depend on the
idiosyncrasies of that command and would break if it changed behavior.
4) You appear to have dropped the shortcut for d-Play to start playback
but included a shortcut to stop playback, which seems strange - are you
aware that if you start playback via clicking a note in the Print View
you can stop it as easily by clicking away from any note?

Your set of shortcuts for the durations are just what users of azerty
keyboards will want; I've included two files which list all the
commands in alphabetical order followed by their shortcuts, if any.
FrCoammdnds.txt is for your shortcuts file and DefaultCommands.txt for
the shortcuts currently distributed with Denemo. These make it easy to
compare the sets.

Richard