Re: [ANN] lisp/ob-tangle-sync.el

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [ANN] lisp/ob-tangle-sync.el
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 09:46:51 +0000

Mehmet Tekman <mtekman89@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm having some problems getting:
>
>  `:tangle <tangle/yes/no/<filename>> [import/export/both/skip]'
>
> to work nicely with the existing framework. The main issue lies in the
> `:any` keyword in `org-babel-common-header-args-w-values' for the tangle
> entry making it difficult to determine where one exclusionary group
> begins and where the other ends.
>
> e.g.
>
> (defconst org-babel-common-header-args-w-values
>     (tangle   . ((tangle yes no :any)
>                  (import export skip sync)))
> )

And the reason is that tangle function inside `org-babel-merge-params'
does not know how to handle :any in exclusive groups.

We should modify it. For example like the following:

1. We will assume that :any can only occur one time in the exclusive
   groups. (Otherwise, there is no single definite way to parse header
   arguments)
2. Merge function will treat :any specially - when parameter does not
   match any of the argument values from all the groups combined, it is
   considered as :any and replace the previous corresponding values in
   its exclusive group, if any;
   In other words, we will need a special match for :any - "anything not
   equal to other values in all the groups combined".

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,